Baltic Photonics Cluster - BPC
Institute of Solid State Physics, University of Latvia
Photonics at ISSP UL:
Development and investigation of photonic materialsand prototyping of photonic devices are among of most important research topics of institute.
The material classes are:
- Wide-gap materials with different
degree of ordering;
- Inorganic single crystals,
ceramics, glasses, thin films, and nano-structured surfaces;
- Functional organic molecules and polymers;
- Multifunctional and hybrid materials.
- Light emitting diodes;
- Photovoltaic elements;
- Optical coatings;
- Holographic recording and data
- Photonic sensors.